February 15, 2008

Tiffany's Dirt Pudding

I got this one from my cousin. It's much tastier than other Oreo pudding versions I've tried, and people always ask me for the recipe. I love it because you can make it ahead of time!
1 large package Oreo cookies
3 cups milk
2 small boxes French vanilla instant pudding
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed

Crush Oreos in a food processor. Spread half of the crushed Oreos on the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 baking dish.

In a medium bowl, beat together milk and instant pudding until mixture thickens. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and cream cheese until creamy. Add Cool Whip and pudding mixture to cream cheese mixture and stir well to combine. Pour over crushed Oreos in baking dish. Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos evenly on top.

Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours, or overnight. (May be frozen; thaw 1 hour before serving.)

No comments: